This post is also available in:
Englisch Französisch Italienisch Spanisch
Filling in the keywords is a really great way to get noticed
. Journalists use keywords to narrow down their searches and to find their images. So, if you give them a little thought it could greatly improve your download results and increase your coverage. If you are finding it difficult to come up with keyword ideas, here are a few little tips and tricks to help you along.
Everyone can get writers block every now and again and thinking and filling out keywords can seem like a monumental task but it doesn’t have to be so difficult, just break it down in to parts and the words will start to flow.
- What color is it? Is it pink? pastel? neon? Check a few magazines and blogs for trending and seasonal color names or you can turn to a color list like ColorHexa or Wikipedia for some inspiration.
- Does it have a pattern or texture to it? Has your chair been upholstered with a velvet chevron print? Here is a list of different pattern styles that might match your product. You can also think of techniques used to create your product, like handmade, painted or distressed.
- What is your product made out of? Is it wood? What kind of wood is it? Has it been stained, or maybe left natural and raw? Has it been reclaimed or recycled? Is your product Eco-friendly in some way?
- What style is your product shot? Modern and minimalist? Contemporary? Urban? If you are unsure you can always check magazines and articles for a better understanding of the different interior design styles.
- Does your product relate to a holiday or season? If a journalists is collecting items for a Halloween feature for example, make sure that your skeleton candle makes it to the top of the list by including seasonal keywords such as Halloween, Boo, Trick or treat, haunted..etc. Always ask yourself who your product is for and include those into your list of keywords. (kids, mother’s day, birthday, grandparents, babies)
- What makes your product unique or special? Is it compact and space saving? Reversible? What shape is it and what are its key features or focal points? Maybe your product has brass handles, crystal beading or glows in the dark? Does your product fit into a hot trend? Try thinking like a journalists, they are looking for something specific and special for their upcoming feature so try to include as many keywords as you can to make your product stand out.
Another really handy tip is to write and save your keywords into a word document. If you separate them with commas you can then copy/past them straight into your image collection and if your images are similar then you can re-use the same list or words, just remember to give them a once over to make sure they are all relevant to each particular image.
What is Press Loft?
Press Loft www.pressloft.com
is a PR platform specialising in the home, gift, and lifestyle sectors that helps thousands of brands to get their products into the press.
Their PR tools allow companies to easily secure press coverage and quality backlinks for SEO by connecting with their network of 20,000+ journalists, bloggers, and influencers.
Get Free Press Coverage – take a 60-day free trial (only available to new customers only.