This post is also available in: German
With budgets often being very tight and no big in-house PR team, it can be tricky for online charity shops to get continuous media coverage for their products. PR is a vital way to increase the number of people who see your products and so can radically improve sales.
Here at Press Loft, we support wonderful charities like Sue Ryder, Natural History Museum and the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust and help them generate hundreds of press coverage every month. We also offer 75% off memberships. We have put together a few tips and tricks to help online charity shops to manage their PR.
5 PR tips to maximise coverage for online charity shops:
- Journalists, influencers and bloggers absolutely love supporting charities – they will look for opportunities to feature products that support charities, so that helps hugely in getting coverage. Make sure you mention your company name and/ or the fact you are a charity in any press release titles you send. eg ‘Yorkshire Wildlife Trusts’ Gifts for Christmas’ or ‘Charity Wildlife Gifts.’
- Mention your charity mission and how any products support that mission – to help get your cause more visibility beyond a website link. For example, a bird feeder helps support the birds in your garden which is a key part of the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust’s mission. Another example is from Sue Ryder who says “100% of profits provide palliative, neurological and bereavement support.”
- If you sell any sort of membership package that is / could be suitable as a gift eg Yorkshire Wildlife Trust, remember to send a press release on it at the key gifting periods (download our free PR Calendar here for reference).
- Influencers usually ask to be paid or receive a gift in return for a feature. If you are on a limited budget, you should still reach out to influencers to introduce them to your charity, introduce your mission and ask if there is an opportunity to feature without payment or product. Some of them will jump at the chance to support charities they love.
- If there is a national day or key fundraising event associated with your charity be sure to send a press release and use the opportunity to promote some products in your shop at the same time.
If you are a charity with an online shop and need increasing online sales to support your charity’s fundraising with improved press coverage, you can sign up for a 60-days free trial here.We also offer a 75% discount on memberships after your free trial. Don’t hesitate to contact us to find out more at email@example.com
What is Press Loft?
Press Loft www.pressloft.com is a PR platform specialising in the home, gift, and lifestyle sectors that helps thousands of brands to get their products into the press.
Their PR tools allow companies to easily secure press coverage and quality backlinks for SEO by connecting with their network of 20,000+ journalists, bloggers, and influencers.